Our proposed Arts and Media Centre is our priority project for 2012. This visionary, multi-functional facility will benefit all our Pre-Primary and Prep pupils and the wider community. The Centre will consist of an Art Studio, a Drama studio, a modern multi -media library and two computer labs. Due to pressure being placed on our existing facilities and our quest to provide innovative teaching in modern facilities, the building of this Centre has become essential.
The Art Studio
- A modern spacious art studio extending what we already offer, plus 3-D work such as pottery and crafts under ‘one roof’.
- Space to regularly display pupils’ art and craft work.
The Drama Studio
- A dedicated area for Speech & Drama lessons which are currently held in the school hall.
- Extra features including a props and costume wardrobe.
The Multi-Media Library
- A modern spacious open plan area to house all our books and computers for research.
Two Computer Labs
- One lab to be used for dedicated computer lessons following the K-Net curriculum.
- A second lab giving class teachers the option to use for their classes requiring research.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
We are appealing to the community, our parents, past pupils and companies to contribute to completing this project. We encourage you to carefully consider the various ways in which you can lend your financial support to this significant investment in our school campus.
Please consider the following opportunities to invest in the Arts & Media Centre project :
Individual, Family or Business Sponsors
The following categories of sponsorship are available :
- Bronze - R 10 000 to R 29 000
- Silver - R 30 000 to R 49 000
- Gold - R 50 000 to R 99 000
- Platinum - R 100 000 and more
Any individual, family or business who donates R 10 000 or more to our project, will be recognised on inscribed boards in a prominent area of the foyer of the Arts & Media Centre,
- Each of the five separate areas of the building is available at R400, 000 per facility. This donation will ensure that the designated area will be named after you or your business.
St George’s Prep Trust has Section 18A status which means that SA taxpayers may be eligible to enjoy a tax deduction for donations up to 10% of annual taxable income. Donors are issued with a Section 18A tax certificate. Please consult with your tax advisor for assistance with planning your donation.
To support this major project, please download and complete the Pledge Form. Should you require any information regarding the sponsorship options or alternative ways in which you could assist, please contact Jonathan Liss on 041 585 4825, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Dawn Berry on 041 585 4825, email email@example.com.
Thank you for considering our appeal for your support in this exciting addition to our school campus.
Arts and Media Centre Pledge Form May 2012.pdf
St George's Prep Carol Arts and Media Centre Newsletter March 2013